Simple gas furnace maintenance tips for homeowners
Here are some good Gas Furnace Maintenance Tips for homeowners to keep in mind during these cold winter months:
- Confirm that the furnace runs completely through a normal cycle from start-up to shut-down. Look at the thermostat reading to confirm that the system shuts off when reaching the high temperature setpoint. (If otherwise, you have a short cycling problem requiring a service call.)
- Clean dust or move objects away from the grates that supply air into each room and the large return grate, usually in a hallway, to ensure proper air flow.
- Make sure obstacles are cleared away from the furnace and the safety switch on the furnace door.
- Check the vent connections for the exhaust pipe and chimney for rust or gaps.
- Make sure your CO2 monitor is operating properly and that it has fresh batteries.
- Replace furnace filters annually.
– Read York’s original article on furnace maintenance
Latest posts by Ryan Valizan (see all)
- Getting Started | A cfm eStorefront User Guide – May 2, 2016
- Simplifying Online Shopping Through Free Training – October 8, 2015
- Is your distributor a leader in the HVACR industry? – August 20, 2015